Monday 2 January 2012

1st Gruffies card

Hiya Everyone,

I have to share with you today a Joanna Sheen sample that I made for the release of the new Gruffies stamps a few weeks back.  Isn't it just gorgeous?!?



I have coloured the image with my promarkers and have added glossy accents to the blobs of honey!  I think it may take a few attempts to get the colours of the bears right as I so used to colouring the mice but I think it's ok as a 1st attempt!  The papers are from a free-bee (get it?!?) download which works really well with this image.  To download this yourself you can get it here.  I have added a little ribbon, some pearls and a lovely bee charm but otherwise left the card quite plain so the main focus was on the image. 

I have decided to enter this into the new House Mouse and Friends monday challenge which has a "something new" theme.  This stamp is new to me and was the first time I'd used it so I hope it qualifies!   I love all things House Mouse so I'm always pleased if I can enter my Joanna Sheen samples into their challenges!

I have some DT work going at the moment but am trying to take it easy as it's been a bit mad in December so I'll be grateful for a bit of a break.


Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

17 comments:

  1. Very cute image. The papers match beautifully.
    Aileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. woow!!! Love your card!! Beautiful the image and colours. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little bear and I think you have done well with your colouring. Thank you for the Freebie link, such useful papers.
    all the best Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely image Paula and the colouring is great,
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable, love the image and the colours are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, this is so cute. The "blobs" of honey look great with the glossy accents. Papers are so nice too. Glad you could join us for the challenge this time at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula...such of great image and fun honeycomb paper to compliment the honey! Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends. Congrats on joining our team for January!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paula. This Gruffies image and HM&F card is just super adorable! Love the colors and coloring.

    AND CONGRATULATIONS on being chosen as one of our January Guest Designers at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog. Were super excited to have you ob board and are very much looking forward to working alongside you and fab talents! :) WELCOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah - lovely card! The bear is so cute and that bee charm is fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paula wow this gruffie is adorable..not very often you can say that bout a bear..lol great colouring & fab DP love how you teamed it up the the honeycomb feel..

    thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall..

    looking forward to working with you as a GDT for Jan

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Free-BEE papers, that is so cool. Great card and the glossy accents on the honey is a great little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Paula :-) the image is adorable and the papers and simple design are perfect :-)
    Thanks for the link, I just downloaded them x

    looking forward to working with you ! :-) xx
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable. I like the new stamp you got and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing in House Mouse and Friends Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Gosh! This reminds me of... ME! LOL What a cute little scene, and terrific coloring and fabulous layers. It's a darling card. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete