Monday 13 February 2012

House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge

Hiya everyone,

It's monday again and time for another challenge over at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.  For any of you new to this, it's a bi-weekly challenge starting every other monday using only House Mouse, Happy Hopper and Gruffies images.

The theme this time set by DT member Heather is:-


If you are not new to my blog you will know that the little mouses are very much a passion of mine so I was very excited to be taken on as a new permanent DT member after my guest slots.

My card has been made using First Edition Dreamcatcher papers which are all gorgeous lilacs and purples which I had left over from a recent magazine piece.  The image is a Joanna Sheen Autumn collection one called flying.  I stamped out the mouse and butterfly and masked it off so I had just the mouse on it's own as a focal point so I could pop the butterfly off the main image if that makes sense.  

I coloured the image in with my promarkers and I layered up both the mouse and the butterfly.  I also added lots of glamourdust to the butterfly for extra sparkle.  I joined the two with just a little black thread from my sewing box (slight exaggeration of the name as I don't do sewing! Lol)  I have never tried this before but I just thought  it would make a change.  It was a bit fiddly and I did at one point think "is this really worth it?" - but I was quite pleased with the way it turned out in the end!

I have also used my MS butterfly border punch and added a few purple gems.  I didn't want to clutter it up to much as it would distract the eye from the rest of the card so I didn't add too much extra stuff.  The sentiment I printed on the computer and cut it out in a pennant shape for a change! 

I hope you like it!  If you have any House Mouse stamps or decoupage then maybe you could enter the challenge yourself!  I hope to see your entries!


I will enter this into a few challenges:-

Alphabetchallenge – Animal antics
CharismaCardz – Things with wings
Movingalong with the times – Cute critters
Papertake weekly – Anything goes
  
I normally don't get chance to enter any challenges but I thought I would try and find a few as Tayla went to bed a bit earlier than normal!

Thanks for looking!


35 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Paula,the papers and colour combo are lovely.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb papers Paula for a perfect image just adorable! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Paula
    I love mouses too!
    Hugs Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW!! Paula, this is absolutely darling!! The purplish colors are my fave here!! :) Such a brilliant idea for this challenge! I love the way the image just pops right off your card to take flight!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Paula, love this House Mouse. Take care, hugs to Tayla. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun
    aww this is beautiful, fabulous colour work, luv the butterfly of the page, gorgeous papers & design, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you have layered the little mouse and the butterfly, makes them really pop up!
    Beautiful coloures and sparkling.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Paula, lovely image and great background papers:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. so soft and pretty and such gentle colouring
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous sweetie.love love love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Paula! I can totally relate to "Is this really worth it?" LOL. Your card is so beautiful, though, I don't know how you ever doubted it. Love the way the mouse is popped up. The purple papers you used are fantastic--so lush.

    Thanks so much for the sweet comments on my blog, and the tip about entering Joanna Sheen's challenge blog--I didn't even know it existed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Paula gorgeous colour combo & that sweet guy hanging on for his life love the DPs & layout ..

    smiles meece sister Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful Paula. Really gorgeous colours and that little guy looks like he's having a brilliant ride.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Paula :-) such a cute image and I love the whole design of this ,,, fantastic :-)

    I love how you have a little house mouse writing your name too ,, that is SOOO cute ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paula, so pretty in pink and sparkles! Beautiful coloring and papers and design.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww this is So cute Paula! the mouse is adorable and I love how he is holding the string to the beautiful, sparkly butterfly! Gorgeous papers and layout - it's a really sweet card!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my Cute Critters Challenge and Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paula,
    I think this is so cute and I love the colour scheme. Wow, I bet you felt chuffed actually having some free time to enter challenges for a change, I hope you made the best of it.
    Have a good week. Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paula your card is lovely! I love the flying butterfly. Beautiful colors and papers! Lovely card!

    Mousie cheers!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable card with that mouse hitching a ride on a butterfly! Nothing could be cuter! I love the colors and popped-up mousie! It's just heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Paula, your design and colours are fabulous. The paper tole with the mouse is brilliant and he has such a long ride on that beautiful butterfly.

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Paula! Your card is so pretty, love all about it the colours, papers, embellishments.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah this is so sweet what a great card, Thanks for playing along on MAWTT with our Cute Critters Challenge this week, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh this is so cute .. and pretty colours
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our cute critter challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Paula....so fun to have you playing along all the time now! Great card with so much dimension! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sweet and lovely:) I love the papers and color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww... This is so sweet. Beautiful lavendar colors, awesome idea popping the butterfly up and the sparkle is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is adorable!! That image is so sweet and your colors are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card love the image and the sentiment is perfect thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week.
    Jenny x
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  29. A dreamy and gorgeous creation Paula, I love your choice of image.
    Happy crafting
    Mousey Hugs
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute and gorgeous! Thank you Paula for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge this week.

    The Sparkly Fairy (Emma)

    ReplyDelete
  31. GORGEOUS dimension and lovely sparkle. These purple colors are used soooo beautifully. WOW!!! :) Great take on the theme my Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute card Paula, I've even gone and entered this challenge myself with my first house mouse card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like this - all of it - your cute little mouse, the colour, the sparkly butterfly and the border!! Fab card! xx

    ReplyDelete